Welcome Kindergarten!



100+ Welcome Images | Download Free Pictures & Stock Photos ... 

Welcome to Our Kindergarten Transition Room!


Dear Families,


Welcome to our kindergarten transition room! My name is Erin Brown, but your child will soon know me as Mrs. Brown. I am so excited to welcome you and your child to our classroom and to be part of such an important step in their educational journey.
I believe that every child is unique, capable, and deserving of a classroom where they feel safe, supported, valued, and encouraged to grow. Our transition room is a special place where we will work together to help your child build the skills, confidence, independence, and relationships they need as they prepare for kindergarten.


A little about me: I attended Central Methodist University, where I earned my Bachelor of Science in Sociology. I am currently continuing my education and working toward my master’s degree in special education, with an emphasis on autism. Learning is something I value deeply, and I am excited to continue growing as an educator so I can better support the children and families I have the privilege of working with.


During the past school year, I had the opportunity to work as a special education and math teacher. This experience strengthened my passion for helping children discover their strengths and find ways to make learning meaningful and accessible to them.
My journey working with children with autism began long before my classroom teaching experience. From 2007 through 2018, I had the wonderful opportunity to work with many children with autism through Easter Seals Midwest. Those years taught me so much about the importance of individualized support, patience, communication, celebrating progress, and—most importantly—seeing the child first.


As we begin this school year together, my goal is to create a classroom where children can learn through exploration, practice new skills, make friends, communicate their needs, and celebrate their successes. Some days our accomplishments may be big milestones, while other days they may be the little victories that only we recognize. Every step forward matters.


I also believe that families are an essential part of a child's success. You know your child better than anyone, and I look forward to learning from you, partnering with you, and celebrating your child's growth with you. Please know that your questions, ideas, concerns, and celebrations are always welcome.


This year will be filled with learning, growing, laughter, challenges, and plenty of opportunities to celebrate how wonderfully different each child is.
Thank you for trusting me to be part of your child's journey. I am truly looking forward to getting to know each of you and making this kindergarten transition a positive and memorable experience for your family.


Welcome to our classroom—we are so happy you are here!

I’m So Happy You Are Here Positive Poster
Warmly,
Mrs. Brown
Kindergarten Transition Teacher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog